Welcome to the #18 episode of Inc42 AMA show, where we hosted India’s Top Angel & PE Investor, Sanjay Mehta.
Sanjay is an active Angel Investor with a diversified portfolio of 70+ startups and has seen many exits, the most famous being the exit from OYO Rooms, which marked 280x returns on his initial investment.
Sanjay’s favourite areas to invest – B2B, logistics, food, IoT, cleantech consumer Internet, enterprise software, healthcare, blockchain, cryptocurrencies and more.
Here are the top 5 facts you should know about Sanjay Mehta –
- He is 3x entrepreneur. His first two companies weren’t successful but he hit the home run with his third startup MAIA Intelligence which was acquired by Datamatics Global Services Ltd.
- Sanjay is an investor member of Indian Angel Network, Mumbai Angel Network and Venture Nursery. He also invests in startups independently.
- Sanjay is very bullish about the blockchain, P2P and cryptocurrency market but he also cautions people to not get duped by the cryptocurrency scams. Here’s how Sanjay evaluates if he should invest in a cryptocurrency startup.
- Sanjay’s Investment Thesis – “Develop a painkiller; not a vitamin”
- Sanjay was awarded the Angel Investor Of The Year 2017 by LetsVenture and was among the Top 10 Most Active Angel Investors of 2017 by Inc42 Media.
Watch Sanjay in the video above to find out insights about Angel Investing, what Sanjay looks for before investing in a startup and his views on upcoming technologies like Blockchain, Agritech, Cryptocurrencies & more.